ESG Research Analyst
Join our fast-growing team of dedicated professionals who are making a difference by supporting sustainable and socially responsible investing.
Kestrel Verifiers is a Women’s Business Enterprise. We are a fast growing company dedicated to providing strong analytic products and services to support the growing market in sustainable and socially responsible fixed-income investing. The purpose of our work is to identify environmental, climate and social benefits inherent in financed activities in order to help investors make informed decisions. We are Approved Verifiers for Green, Social Sustainability and Climate Bonds and we provide ESG data to capital markets.
About the Work
The Fixed-Income ESG Research Analyst is an environmental scientist, engineer, urban planner or sustainability professional who is a vital part of the team in our fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will be familiar with public or corporate finance, and have a genuine curiosity, excellent writing and research skills, and a scientific framework within which to operate.
The ESG Research Analyst will evaluate a variety of bond-financed activities against established standards and criteria in order to qualify these for sustainable finance labels, and provide a concise written rationale for the result. The ESG Research Analyst must be a technically accurate writer, with a clear and conversant style. This person will gain an understanding of Kestrel’s unique approach to evaluating ESG factors in fixed income, and must use judgment in how to apply this approach in a variety of engagements, in order to achieve quality and consistency in all work products.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Verify green and social bonds in US and international markets, for both public and corporate finance transactions in a variety of sectors.
- Stay current about various green and social bond standards and advise the Verification Team on regulatory, legislative, market changes.
- Analyze ESG factors in multiple sectors such as water and wastewater, transportation, public facilities, affordable housing and K-12 education in order to provide information to investors.
- Perform research in order to add value and perspective regarding ESG factors.
- Prepare written reports which describe the company’s analysis and opinion of bonds as they relate to established green and social bond standards.
- Collaborate on development of new, related products and services.
- Contribute to a collaborative, vibrant, positive work culture.
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge of:
- Fundamentals of fixed-income markets
- Principles and practices of municipal operations including planning, environmental regulation and or permitting processes.
- Experience in one or more of these sectors: transportation, water and sewer, energy utilities, affordable housing, higher education, K-12 education, green buildings or climate change adaptation and resilience.
- Principles and practices of sustainability, climate action, environmental justice or other positive change within one or more sectors.
- Advanced business, scientific, and technical writing.
- Advanced MS Office and project management software.
- A data-oriented and critical-thinking mindset are important for the role.
- Prepare clear, concise and complete analysis, proposals, reports and other written materials.
- Provide prompt, efficient and responsive service.
- Work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Exercise appropriate judgment in answering questions and releasing information.
- Prioritize work to meet established deadlines with plans, schedules, and milestones.
- Maintain accurate records and meet critical deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban studies, environmental science, water management, civil engineering, public health, or finance.
- One (1) or more years of experience in public sector or finance.
This is a full-time position and salary is based upon qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate. Kestrel Verifiers offers a range of employee benefits, including but are not limited to: Health Premium Contribution, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
Location and Timing:
The company is headquartered in Hood River, Oregon but this can be a remote-work position. We are looking to fill this position immediately and will evaluate candidates as they apply.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.