Kestrel Verifiers seeks an individual to join our team of public finance experts to assist with our Green, Social and Sustainability Bond verification service. Join our fast-growing team of dedicated professionals who are making a difference by supporting sustainable and socially responsible investing.
Kestrel Verifiers is a Women’s Business Enterprise dedicated to providing strong analytic products and services to support the growing market in sustainable and socially responsible fixed-income investing. The purpose of our work is to identify environmental, climate and social benefits inherent in financed activities in order to help investors make informed decisions. We provide review services for Green, Social, Sustainability and Climate Bonds. Our team is united through a strong work ethic, a dedication to creating real value and true service to our customers, and a commitment to a gratifying work environment where each person’s unique contributions are valued.
About the Work
The Verifier/Analyst will help our team evaluate a variety of bond-financed activities against established standards and criteria, qualify debt instruments for sustainable finance labels, and provide detailed, technically accurate written rationales of results. This person will gain an understanding of Kestrel Verifiers’ unique approach to evaluating environmental and social impact in fixed income markets and will use this approach in a variety of engagements.
The Verifier/Analyst must be a very skilled technical writer, with the ability to comprehend and distill complex information and write in accordance with our style guide. Additionally, they must quickly achieve confidence in the subject matter, which requires a genuine curiosity to learn. This person will always work in collaboration with others, often on tight deadlines, so both flexibility and communication are essential.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Helping the Verifier Team review bonds in US and international markets, for both public and corporate finance transactions in a variety of sectors.
- Drafting Second Party Opinions and Verifier’s Reports with the Verification Team, which includes researching, analyzing, writing, and copyediting the final deliverables.
- Managing client relationships and meeting deadlines.
- Assisting in pre-qualifying deals for our competitive market service.
- Staying up-to-date on various green and social bond standards, including the Green Bond Principles, Social Bond Principles, and Sustainability Bond Guidelines; the Climate Bonds Initiative; and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Writing LinkedIn posts, website content, or whitepapers about sector-specific topics.
- Keeping on top of administrative tasks (i.e., tracking internal operations data, emailing, scheduling meetings, practicing time management, tracking project statuses in project management tools, etc.).
- Contributing to a collaborative, vibrant, and positive work culture.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong background in one of the following: public/corporate finance, social sciences, environmental sciences, civil engineering with a focus on sustainable infrastructure, and/or sustainability studies.
- Demonstrate a genuine sense of curiosity to learn about the municipal bond market and various industry sectors (i.e., K-12 education, public transportation, affordable housing, water/wastewater, etc.).
- Exhibit the desire to promote more just and sustainable communities across the US.
- Possess excellent business, scientific, and technical writing skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Have excellent client management and client relationship skills.
- Have experience researching unfamiliar topics and quickly understanding new information.
- Be a critical thinker and researcher.
- Learn about bond markets and about the principles of sustainability, climate action, and environmental justice.
- Work proficiently in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.) and online project management software.
- Demonstrate expert research methodologies and writing skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban studies, geography, American history, journalism, environmental science or a social science, civil engineering or similar. Master’s degree is preferable.
- One (1) or more years of experience in a public sector, finance, or technical writing.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate. Kestrel Verifiers offers a range of employee benefits, including but are not limited to: health premium contribution, paid time off, and paid holidays.
The company is headquartered in Hood River, Oregon, but this can be a remote-work position. We are looking to fill this position immediately and will evaluate candidates as they apply.
Join our fast-growing team of dedicated professionals who are making a difference by supporting sustainable and socially responsible investing. To apply, please send your resume and expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Kestrel 360 to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, benefits, compensation, training and facilities. In return, each employee of the organization is obligated to perform the duties and responsibilities of his or her position in accordance with the terms of this policy.