VP of Engineering
VP of Engineering
Location: Hood River, Oregon and Remote
We’re looking for a Vice President of Engineering (VPE) to lead fast growth within our organization. In joining us, you will be part of how we’re transforming the way sustainable finance is powered in capital markets. Kestrel is the market leader for verified green, social, and sustainability municipal bonds—poised for rapid growth of our environmental, social, governance (ESG) data product. As an early member to our team, you will be instrumental in setting the vision and technical strategy while building our data engineering team.
You will work directly with the CEO and act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact current and future operations of the company.
Kestrel 360 is a Women’s Business Enterprise dedicated to providing strong analytic products and services to support the growing market in sustainable and socially responsible fixed-income investing. Our mission is to identify environmental, climate and social benefits inherent in financed activities in order to help investors make informed decisions. We provide ESG data to capital markets. Our team is united through a strong work ethic, a culture of integrity, a dedication to creating real value and true service to our customers, and a commitment to a gratifying work environment where each person’s unique contributions are valued.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring technological resources meet Kestrel’s immediate and long-term needs.
- Outlining goals for research and development.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with our current data and software engineering partner to develop internal data analytics and delivery platform software functionality.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to develop our IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Successfully grow and manage a highly effective engineering team.
- Create timelines and budget for the development, timely delivery, and deployment of all technological services.
- Maintain a consumer-focused outlook and delivery of Kestrel data products to market.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT and data needs.
- Confer with customers and prospective customers on their technology, data, security, and data privacy needs.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience leading the design and implementation of software for the financial services industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience architecting and developing distributed systems running in a virtualized cloud environment.
- Experience building and operating massively scaled, highly available SaaS/PaaS cloud infrastructure.
- Experience delivering highly secure software (must have led or helped lead at least one certification such as PCI DSS or ISO27001).
- 3-5 years of experience on the executive team of a VC-funded startup.
- 5-10 years of experience building and leading a highly effective, engaged software engineering team (at least 10 engineers) with a proven delivery record.
- Deep familiarity with cloud services at Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer service skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Experience creating and maintaining a set of REST/OauthV2 APIs.
We’d love to see:
- Experience with the creation and delivery of ESG analytics.
- Experience with the Angular/Node/MySQL stack.
- Experience with data curation and delivery business models.
- A passion for impact.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including startup equity, paid time off, contribution to healthcare premium, and much more.
Does this sound like you?
To apply, please submit your responses to the questions below along with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- What is your salary expectation?
- When can you start if you are hired?
- Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa to work legally for Kestrel in the United States?
It is the policy of Kestrel ESG to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, benefits, compensation, training and facilities. In return, each employee of the organization is obligated to perform the duties and responsibilities of his or her position in accordance with the terms of this policy.