Chief Executive Officer
Monica Reid is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Kestrel Verifiers. Her current focus is on supporting the growth of Kestrel as a provider of green bond services. The firm has a particular emphasis on public finance, leveraging unique insights, relationships and project level understandings.
Ms. Reid has 20 years of experience as a Principal Consultant and thought leader in the field of innovative finance for infrastructure and sustainability efforts, and she currently serves on the California Green Bond Market Development Committee, convened by the State Treasurer.
Prior to founding Kestrel Verifiers, Ms. Reid founded Kestrel Consulting Inc. which provided strategic consulting and grant and loan services to local governments from 2000-2019. Ms. Reid was a trusted advisor and led the company’s successful efforts which included:
- Securing over $600 million in competitive state and federal grants and loans for infrastructure and sustainability projects
- Developing major sustainability initiatives for local governments from initial concept through successful implementation
- Partnerships with global engineering companies including Tetra Tech, AECOM, MWH, GHD and Black & Veatch to secure funding for infrastructure
- Distillation of complex scientific and technical material and concepts
- Financial and impact reporting on grants and loans
Early in her career, Ms. Reid focused on natural resources management and public service. She was a Public Affairs Specialist for the US Forest Service in the Pacific Northwest for eight years, and an environmental educator for Miami-Dade County Parks. A native of South Florida, Ms. Reid now calls Hood River, Oregon home. Ms. Reid holds Series 79 and Series 63 licenses.